Beena Rai joined Tata Research Development and Design Centre, Pune, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Ltd. in March 1996, currently working as Principal Scientist. She has had numerous feathers added to her cap:
- Visiting scientist at Centre National de la Recherché Scientifique (CNRS)/ Institut Nationl Polytechnique de Lorraine (INPL), France, (20/02/07 – 20/08/07).
- Research Associate at National Chemical Laboratory, PUNE, (1993 – 1996).
- CSIR Senior Research Fellow at National Chemical Laboratory, PUNE, (1991 – 1993).
- CSIR Junior Research Fellow National Chemical Laboratory, PUNE, (1988 – 1991).
Beena has mentored numerous students as well as professionals in various fields of scientific study. She is also a regular speaker and guest lecturer at conferences and forums. She has also undertaken training in a number of programs including:
- Women in leadership (WILL) Mentee Training Program, May 6-10, 2013, Tata Management Training Centre, Pune.
- TCS forward, Dec. 2013, Tata Management Training Centre, Pune, India
- Tata-IP Cluster Program, Jan. 19, 2010, Tata Motors, Pune
- Tata-IPR Master class, Feb. 10-12, 2010, TMTC, Pune
- Tata Group IPR Specialist Course, 2009, Tata Motors, Pune
With countless publications and awards to her name, Beena has also authored and edited books in her field of interest. She has been married for 27 years to Kulbhushan (Associate Director, Defence Research & Developemnt Organization). Mother of two lovely kids – Kritika (Pursuing MS Computer Sc. at Univesity of Wisconcin USA) and Kaustubh (student of 4th grade). Beena loves to cook, travel, tend to plants and listen to old Hindi classics and Ghazals. Her motto in life is “Living up to Perfections”